Good Boss-Bad Boss Becoming the One You Want to Be (Part 10 of 10)
Today is the completion of the ten-part series of Good Boss-Bad Boss. A series that was written to serve as the foundation to becoming a Great Boss, Great Company and ultimately a Great Leader. It is our belief at Growth Visions that Great Leaders or Companies aren't born rather they becoming great - one step, one habit, one day at a time by doing the right things, in the right way, at the right time and for the right reasons.
Ironically, we end the series where we began it, with People. They are the most important asset an organization has. They are the heartbeat and the soul of the enterprise and represent the organization by what they do, think and say about the organization 24/7 be it at the grocery store, family dinner, or a social event. They matter. Leaders that get this & implement this importance will enthusiastically share that it was the key in taking them from bad to good, good to great and great to market leading.
The 10th Principle
Every Decision, Product or Dollar of Profit, Begins and Ends With People. Period.
Stockholders, Board Level and C-Level Executives nor the companies they represent will never reach optimum financial or market-share growth without people (employees) believing in, the mission and drive the results or people (customers) buying and recommending the respective product or service. They realize that everything they do should be about the people. They realize too that every product or service is secondary to the people. People conceptualize an idea; they build it; they strategize how to deliver it; they sell it, and people buy it. Good to Great companies and leaders realize that everything they do is just "stuff." What matters the most is, People!
The Ten Leadership Principles that drive a Growth Culture
1) They always put their people (employees) before process or profit.
2) They make it a priority to coach, mentor & develop their people.
3) Hiring the right people & having the right interview process is a top priority.
4) They celebrate the achievement of goals attained by the team member, the overall team, the company and even their customer’s achievements.
5) They use 360 evaluation tools to ensure that their management team members continue to grow into leaders through anonymous feedback from those senior to them, their peers and their direct reports.
6) They believe in doing the right things, in the right way, at the right time and for the right reasons.
7) They create a culture that ensures - every employee from top to bottom puts the customer 1st, always.
8) They build winning cultures through a definitive business engine which serves as the foundation for their success journey & is communicated to & by all in the organization to ensure that "ALL are in."
9) They TRUST one another regardless of position or title, and they trust their customers regardless of size or total customer value.
10: Every Decision, Product or Dollar of Profit, begins and ends with People. Period.
An idea without implementation is simply a hallucination.
- Thomas Edison
I hope you have enjoyed this series designed to serve as the foundation of becoming Great Bosses, Leaders, and Companies. Remember these only serve as the foundation to Greatness. The successful achievement of the goal to become Great, is in direct proportion within each of you to commit to the implementation of what you have learned.